Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm Going to Buy a New Cookbook! (and so should you)


I have to say that this is NOT a paid advertisement.  :)  Just in case you were wondering.  I will tell you if someone is actually paying me to review their book.  If that is the case, there will be no mistaking, even if I DON'T tell you because I will write the entire! review! with! myriads! of! exclamation! points! lol 

Liz Edmunds,
The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner: Easy Family Meals for Every Day of the Week

Love her.  I saw her on BYU TV, and not only is she adorable, SHE CAN COOK.  We had some creamy chicken soup today that everyone raved about. 

Normally when I find new recipe books, I pick out some recipes it looks like my family will go for and then return the book to the library.  This book is going back to the library, but I'm going to BUY it off of Amazon ($15, whereas it's selling for $25 at Borders and they'd have to special order it for me) next week.  This is a can't-live-without book!

What I Like: I like that Liz does dinner by assigning theme foods to each night.  They don't change.  You pick two recipes from each section then go to the grocery store.  You have everything you need for two delicious weeks of food.  Recipes are creative, NORMAL (a common problem I have with cookbooks is that we are not fancy food people) and delicious!  I like that she has suggestions for what to serve with each main dish.  That's an area where I've been lacking.  This afternoon, we had a loaf of freshly-baked bread with our lunch at her suggestion. :)  Most recipes are money-conscious, too.

What I Don't Like: I'm not sure if this will be a problem yet, but we need leftovers!  Daddy needs to be able to take dinner with him, and we need some extra food for our lunches.  The fact is that I can prepare double, but that also means spending double the money in groceries, which we just don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment