OH. MY. YUMMINESS. This is a Pampered Chef recipe, modified, and I can’t TELL you how easy it is to prepare!!
Photo credit and an alternate recipe
Preheat: 350* OR Microwave
Categories: Casserole, Pampered Chef, Mexican, Enchilada, Easy, Pictures!
1 lb ground turkey
1 10-oz can enchilada sauce
2 Tblsp taco seasoning
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup water
½ cup chunky salsa
12 yellow corn tortillas
1 Tblsp dried cilantro
1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
1. If BAKING, preheat the oven to 350*
2. Combine the turkey, taco seasoning, and salt and brown the meat.
3. Add enchilada sauce, water, and salsa. Bring to a simmer.
4. Meanwhile, cut tortillas into 1/2” – 1” strips.
5. Layer into a 9x13 pan. I used my Pampered Chef Covered Baker (no, this is not a paid advert!)!
Layer #1: 1/2 of tortilla strips
Layer #2: 1/2 of meat mixture
Layer #3: 1/2 of shredded cheese
Layer #4: remaining tortilla strips
Layer #5: remaining meat mixture
Layer #6: remaining cheese
Layer #7: sprinkle the cilantro for garnish.
5. If BAKING, place pan into oven and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until bubbling hot. If MICROWAVING in your covered baker, microwave on HIGH for 3-5 minutes. Either way, let it rest for five minutes before serving.
P.S. This is a test—Please leave a comment to let me know if you can see Janda Quirkygirl as the font. :)