Category: Chicken, pie, PICTURES
2 Unbaked pie crusts (use my double pie crust recipe)
1 lb. Chicken, cooked and cubed
1 c. Carrots, sliced
1 c. Frozen green peas
1/2 c. Celery, sliced
1/3 c. Butter
1/3 c. Flour
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Pepper
1/4 t. Celery seed
1 3/4 c. Chicken broth
2/3 c. Milk
1. Combine chicken, carrots, peas & celery. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
2. Cook onions in butter; add flour, salt and pepper, celery seed.
3. Slowly add chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thickened.
4. Place chicken mixture in the bottom of the crust. Pour the hot liquid over.
5. Place 2nd pie crust on top and seal edges. Cut 3 slits on top for steam. Or like I do, gently fork in a C for Chicken pot pie. :) :)
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the insides are bubbly.
7. Cool 10 minutes before serving.