Friday, February 3, 2012

Broiled Orange

This should actually be called A Little Bit of Heaven or something like that…  This recipe is from DelightedMomma.com.  She posts regular HEALTHY, YUMMY recipes!  My husband (who doesn’t care for oranges and/or citrus) AND my children (who are incredibly picky) rated this a 10/10!

Ingredients

A large orange (I used seedless, hahaha)
1 tbs of coconut sugar or raw brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 tsp of cinnamon

Preparation

  1. Slice orange in half. Remove seeds.
  2. Using a sharp knife detach the orange from the peel. Slice the orange into sections following the natural pattern of the orange. This will make it easy for bite size pieces
  3. Turn your broiler on high.
  4. Sprinkle mixture of sugar and cinnamon onto orange. I would pre-mix the sugar and cinnamon next time…  just to make the carmelized sauce a little more cohesive.
  5. Place orange halves into an oven safe dish and broil for about 6 minutes or until the sugar is brown and bubbling. Six minutes was PERFECT for me.
  6. Enjoy right away! This little treat is best when it's straight out of the oven.  Mmmm, nom, nom, nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment