This should actually be called A Little Bit of Heaven or something like that… This recipe is from DelightedMomma.com. She posts regular HEALTHY, YUMMY recipes! My husband (who doesn’t care for oranges and/or citrus) AND my children (who are incredibly picky) rated this a 10/10!
A large orange (I used seedless, hahaha)
1 tbs of coconut sugar or raw brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 tsp of cinnamon
- Slice orange in half. Remove seeds.
- Using a sharp knife detach the orange from the peel. Slice the orange into sections following the natural pattern of the orange. This will make it easy for bite size pieces
- Turn your broiler on high.
- Sprinkle mixture of sugar and cinnamon onto orange. I would pre-mix the sugar and cinnamon next time… just to make the carmelized sauce a little more cohesive.
- Place orange halves into an oven safe dish and broil for about 6 minutes or until the sugar is brown and bubbling. Six minutes was PERFECT for me.
- Enjoy right away! This little treat is best when it's straight out of the oven. Mmmm, nom, nom, nom.