Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Drops

Thanks to Susan E. for our first contribution! You're fantastic!

Preheat: --
Group: Desserts

2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter
1/2 Cup Peanut butter
3 Cups Oats
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

1. Boil Sugar, Cocoa, Milk, Butter. Use a saucepan and keep the heat on medium-low, stirring regularly.

2. Remove saucepan from heat.

3. Stir in Peanut butter, Oats and Vanilla.

4. Spoon into two to three-bite lumps onto wax paper and allow to cool. My mom lines her cookie sheet with wax paper and puts the entire thing into the refrigerator where it will cool even faster. That translates into being ready to eat more quickly. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this recipe. I just stocked up on old fashioned Quaker oats from Publix from their Buy One Get One deal and used coupons, so instead of paying $2.65 each, I paid .75 cents! So I was happy about that, but then the realization hit me that I was going to have to find a way to use all that oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete