Monday, June 29, 2009

Best Brownies Ever

I haven't posted a recipe in forever because I just haven't been baking! My husband's been doing the dirty job. But my in-laws are in town and there's always that need to impress, right? I thought I had my butter frosting recipe already posted, and it turns out it's not there... and I needed it for this brownies recipe I found, so... there you go. :D I'm back; for how long, I don't know. :)

So, brownies in this post, and butter frosting in the next one.

Preheat: 350*
Category: Dessert

1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt

optional
1-2 Cups Chocolate chips, your choice, and experimenting works
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped

1. Mix dry ingredients. This includes the cocoa, the sugar, the flour and the salt. Mix it well!

2. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. This includes the melted butter, the vanilla and the eggs.

3. Mix wet ingredients into the dry. Mix thoroughly, but DO NOT OVER MIX!

4. Pour mix into a GREASED and FLOURED 8" square pan. It's not enough to just grease it. You can also use wax paper to line the bottom. :)

5. Bake in a preheated oven (350*) for 23-25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!

6. Cool completely and then cut. Now I know everybody gets excited about brownies, but really, don't cut these early! Might I add that they're very yummy frosted with the Better Homes and Gardens Chocolate Butter Frosting? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment