My cute husband always throws away the box before I can get the recipe from the Philadelphia cream cheese box. :)
Category: Cake, Cheesecake, Dessert
1 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
3 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1. Mix crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. I love my marble rolling pin for breaking up the graham crackers. :)
2. Bake at 325* for 10 minutes. 300* if you're using a dark nonstick springform pan.
2 1/2 Lbs. Cream cheese, softened
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Cup Sour cream
Pie filling (canned or fresh)
1. Beat all ingredients. When you get to the eggs, the recipe says add them one at a time.
2. Pour over crust.
3. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set.
4. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
5. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Tope with pie filling before serving. Um, I say ABSOLUTELY REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT! There's no question that the cheesecake is better after it has mellowed... and 2nd day cheesecake is rumored to be even better, but at my house it's always eaten before the rumor is confirmed. :)