Monday, September 28, 2009

Megan's Chocolate Cake (modified)

This is out of my mom's collection of recipes and I made it tonight for the Pampered Chef party! I'm so glad you liked it! :) :)

Preheat: 350*
Category: Cakes, Chocolate, Dessert

3 c. Flour
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Cocoa
2 t. Baking soda
1 t. Salt
2/3 c. Oil
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla
2 c. Water, cold

1. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.

2.  Mix the oil, egg, vanilla and water in another bowl.

3. Pour the wet into the dry and mix well.

4. Pour everything into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.

5.  Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until done.

6. Cool before frosting.  I used the Butter Frosting recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.  Obviously, I made the chocolate variation of the frosting! :)

The variation of this cake for the party was to use a stoneware baking dish--Lorri dumped in the batter, dumped the frosting on top, and it made the yummiest cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment