This is out of my mom's collection of recipes and I made it tonight for the Pampered Chef party! I'm so glad you liked it! :) :)
Category: Cakes, Chocolate, Dessert
3 c. Flour
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Cocoa
2 t. Baking soda
1 t. Salt
2/3 c. Oil
1 t. Vanilla
2 c. Water, cold
1. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix the oil, egg, vanilla and water in another bowl.
3. Pour the wet into the dry and mix well.
4. Pour everything into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
5. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until done.
6. Cool before frosting. I used the Butter Frosting recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. Obviously, I made the chocolate variation of the frosting! :)
The variation of this cake for the party was to use a stoneware baking dish--Lorri dumped in the batter, dumped the frosting on top, and it made the yummiest cake!