This Food Nanny (BYU television) recipe was AMAZING. We have since come up with a modified recipe that we eat at least once a week (beef tacos).
Categories: Mexican, Chicken, Tacos, Food Nanny
2 Tablespoons Butter
Canola oil - for frying
2 pounds Chicken breast, cut up into bite-size pieces
3 Tablespoons chopped Onion
2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Cup chopped fresh Cilantro
12 Corn tortillas
Salt, ground pepper, garlic salt
Shredded cheddar, pepper jack or combination
Fresh spinach, thinly sliced
Fresh salsa or Tobasco sauce
1. Put butter and oil into a skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken, onions. Cook until onions are soft and chicken is tender and cooked.
3. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Decrease heat and add cilantro and tomato. Add chicken broth and water if mixture is too dry.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Cook for two minutes, cover, and turn off the heat.
5. Heat oven to 200*F.
6. Use 3/4 Cup of Canola oil to fry tortilla on both sides. Fold half-way to make a taco. Place in oven on cookie sheet to keep warm.
7. Serve mixture in shell, adding chosen toppings.