This is a Food Nanny recipe. She's on BYU television, and she is super-chipper, and dedicated to saving family mealtimes. I did a review of her cookbook (super rocking awesome!!!) a while back and it seems that people are coming looking NOT for a cookbook review, but for her RECIPES. Well, duh! :) Here is one of my favorites.
Preheat: low broil
Categories: Steak, salad, fancy cheese, Food Nanny BYUTV
10 Cups Romaine lettuce pieces
2 Cups Croutons
2 medium Tomatoes, in wedges
1/2 Cup Thinly sliced Red onion
1 Cup Unpeeled sliced Cucumbers
1 pound Boneless New York steak (We used KC Strip steak)
Seasoned salt, pepper
1/2 Cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
Honey mustard dressing
1. Preheat oven to low broil.
2. Mix lettuce, croutons, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers.
3. Lightly brush stake on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
4. Broil 6-11 minutes per side for medium doneness, depending on thickness. At the last minute, sprinkle cheese and continue to broil.
5. Transfer steak to cutting board and let sit for five minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch strips. It is VERY important to leave the steak sit. If you didn't already know, the steak finishes cooking OUTSIDE of the oven. If you cut the meat too soon, it will not finish cooking properly.
6. Add honey mustard dressing to moisten and toss the salad.
7. Place tossed salad onto plates and arrange steak on top of salad. Drizzle dressing and serve.