Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard

I made this a while back when the kids were begging for chicken nuggets. I made their nuggets instead and they loved 'em! Then Daddy got home and happily finished off the rest. It was messy (with the milk and flour making a mess on my fingers--yuck!), but soooo good. Definitely something to make when you don't have little kid distractions though! And the honey mustard sauce is good, too. :)


Preheat: --
Category: Chicken, Fast Food Substitutes, Honey, Mustard

16-oz. Chicken breasts
1 c. Flour (I do 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup bread crumbs--mmmm!)
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Pepper
3/4 c. Milk

HONEY MUSTARD We eat it with barbecue sauce, soooo...
1/2 c. Honey
1/4 c. Dijon mustard

1. Cut chicken into 1/2 x 2" strips.  We like chicken nuggets, so we cut our chicken accordingly.

2. Mix flour and salt & pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then in flour mixture, coating well. Set on wax paper.

3. Fry chicken in a skillet, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. I would drain the oil about half-way through and replace it with new oil.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depending on my mood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment