I've gotten sick of our regular recipe list so went poking around for new recipes--can you tell? :) This is specifically for prepping then quickly throwing things together during the month.
Category: Chicken, freezeable
2 c. Chicken, chopped and cooked
1 (6-8 oz.) pkg. Cream cheese, softened
1 T. Chives, chopped
2 T. Milk
1/2 c. Seasoned croutons, crushed to crumbs (I plan on using bread crumbs.)
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. Refrigerated Crescent rolls (I plan on using my recipe for Calzone dough so I don't have to buy the refrigerated rolls.)
1/4 c. Butter, melted
1. Mix (warm is best) Chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk and salt with hands. If you're pre-making this part, store in a 1-quart freezer bag.
2. Put crouton crumbs in another 1-quart bag, attaching it to the first. Freeze the two bags for future use.
3. Refrigerate Crescent rolls.
4. Preheat oven and undo rolls to a rectangle shape.
5. Place about 1/4 c. of chicken mixture into center of each rectangle.
6. Fold dough over, pinching shut.
7. Dip each packet in melted butter and coat with crumbs.
8. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until golden brown.