Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Duggar's Three-Bean Chili

This is delicious (I always say that, I know, ha!)! And I love that it's crockpot.

Preheat: --
Category: Chili, Beans, Crockpot

2/3 c. Pinto beans, dry
2/3 c. Great northern beans, dry
2/3 c. Small red or Kidney beans, dry
1 clove Garlic
3 t. Chili powder
1 t. Oregano
2 t. Salt
1 lg can whole tomatoes (I used diced and I would definitely drain them next time!)
1 T. Apple cider vinegar
1 T. Soy sauce
4 c. Water (I ALWAYS have to add an extra cup, for a total of 5 cups.)

1 lb. Ground beef, cooked
Chips/Fritos
Sour Cream
Cheddar cheese, shredded

1. Combine, cook 8 hours on HIGH. I can't always time the 8 hours right, so I like to put my chili on the night before after the kids go to bed (by 9PM or so) and let it cook on LOW until lunchtime--and it's sooo delicious!  (You'll see in the pictures that I add 3 stalks of chopped-up celery to my chili.)

We really don't like those whole tomatoes.......
This is what it looks like in the crockpot before adding the water!  Mmmm, good.


2. Add 1 lb. cooked ground beef just before serving.

3. Serve with Fritos, Sour cream and Cheddar cheese. I haven't ever used the Fritos. We buy the huge box of restaurant-style corn tortilla chips from Sam's Club. :)

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this one. I love the idea of putting the ground beef in at the last minute! I'd be much more likely to make chili in the crock pot if I didn't have to brown the meat first. Thanks! -Susan

    ReplyDelete