Saturday, October 24, 2009
Austin's Yummy Lemonade
We made the strawberry lemonade version above for a Pampered Chef party, and served it with a frozen strawberry in each cup. Mmmmmm, it was delicious! (And yes, that is a flower vace--it was kind of a fun change of pace instead of my plastic pitcher. ;))
Category: Lemonade, Lemon juice, Drinks
8 c. Cold water
1 c. Lemon juice
2 c. Water
2 c. Sugar
1 c. Strawberries, frozen Other frozen or fresh fruits with work, too. I'd be interested in knowing what combinations you try and like!
METHOD ONE (our favorite):
1. Pour 5 cups of water into the blender. I go ahead and use cold, filtered water.
2. Add 1 cup of sugar into the blender. If adding strawberries or fruit, add 1/2 cup in now. Blend for a good minute. I used the smoothie setting, but that's just me.
3. Pour sugar water into pitcher.
4. Pour 5 cups of water into the blender. Add 1 cup of sugar into the blender. If adding strawberries or fruit, add 1/2 cup in now. Blend for another good minute.
5. Pour second batch of sugar water into pitcher.
6. Add Lemon Juice into pitcher. Stir and serve.
1. In a microwave safe container, add 2 cups of water. Microwave on HIGH until the water is boiling (about seven minutes for me).
2. In pitcher, pour in 8 cups of cold water and the 1 cup of lemon juice.
3. Stir the sugar into the boiling water until dissolved. You may need to microwave the sugar water again. See why we like the first method better? :)
4. Pour the sugar water into the pitcher and stir.
5. Refrigerate until cold and/or serve over ice.