These are THE BEST hamburgers. We've stopped buying frozen, pre-formed hamburgers from the store because these are so good. In fact, it's one of the recipes that keeps us from eating out because it tastes even better than fast food. :)
Category: Hamburgers, Ground beef
2 lbs. Ground beef
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1/2 envelope Onion soup mix
1 T. Garlic powder
1/4 C. Dry breadcrumbs
1 T. Worchestershire sauce
1 t. Ground pepper
1 pinch Cayenne pepper (we use a few dashes of hot sauce instead)
1. Crumble ground beef in a bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and work together. Do not overwork!
3. Divide into 6-8 patties. Make a shallow dent with a small spoon (about 1" wide) in the center of each patty.
4. Refrigerate for 6-24 hours, covered with plastic wrap. I generally skip this step... but it's delicious if you DO wait for the ingredients to marinate!
5. Grill or fry as desired. We use our Foreman grill--in the words of Rachael Ray: Yumm-o!