Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gramma Hargrove's Taco Dip

This is a CLASSIC.  And yes, Gramma Hargrove is my grandma. :)

Layer:
#1 - 2 (9-oz.) cans Refried Beans (I use my recipe for crockpot refried beans; also my mom swears that you HAVE to use Frito Lay's Bean Dip, but I'm against brand names and high prices, ha!)

#2 - 3 Avocados, mashed; mix with 2 T. Lemon juice

#3 - 1/2 c. Sour cream; mix with 1/2 c. Mayonnaise and 1 pkg. Taco seasoning

#4 - 8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded

#5 - 3 Tomatoes, chopped (I like Romas, and use 5 tomatoes)

#6 - 1 can Chopped olives (We're talking finely chopped, not sliced--I've made the mistake before, ha!)

#7 - 2-3 bunches Green onions, chopped

Chill an hour before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips.  I like flour tortillas with this taco dip, but we're eating them today with corn tortillas for cost!  Thin flour tortillas allow you to really get the flavor of the dip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment