This is how we make 'em at my house. I'll confess now that I've never made them with bacon, but it sure sounds good. :)
4 Baking potatoes, baked
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sour cream
1 teaspoon Hot sauce (more or less, to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 Tablepoons Chives
4 Tablespoons Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1. Slice soft, warm potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the potato pulp into a bowl, and set the skins aside. If you haven't scooped potato pulp out before, just be careful--it's okay to leave a little layer in the potato so you don't break the potato peel!
2. To the pulp, add butter, hot sauce, sour cream, salt and pepper. Whip well!
3. Stir in cheese. If you are scooping the mixture back into the shell, go ahead and stir in the chives and optional bacon now. If piping with a small tip opening, leave the bacon bits for garnish.
4. Spoon the potato mixture evenly back into the potato skins.
5. Bake at 350 until the tops of the potato are a dark brown.