Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Perfect Potato

Sometimes I think we can overthink our dinners. I know I do! Our favorite recent dinner is to put out a bed of lettuce, top it with tuna salad, sprinkle a little mozzarella cheese on top. The kids devour the tuna salad, tuck in a few vegetables, and I sit back marveling that I don't serve that kind of dinner more often. With simplicity in mind! Today's recipe!

Preheat: 400*
Category: Potatoes

4 large baked potatoes, baked*
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Sour cream
10 ounces Broccoli florets, frozen, coarsely chopped
1 cup Cheese, shredded

Optional:
1 cup Ham, chopped finely

* I like to microwave my potatoes--mmm. My microwave even has a setting for baking potatoes, so I wash 'em, poke 'em and press a few buttons.

1. Slit potatoes down the center, but not through to bottom.

2. With a fork, work in even portions of remaining ingredients.

3. Before serving, bake potatoes for 10 minutes at 400*.

No comments:

Post a Comment