2 Tablespoons Oil
3/4 Cup Onion, minced (1 med. onion)
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
4 Cups Tomato Purée, fresh
1-2 Tablespoons Basil
1 teaspoon Salt
1. Sauté onions until transluscent over medium heat.
2. Add parsley, garlic and cook about one minute.
3. Add tomatoes, basil and salt
4. Simmer until you have a sauce-like consistency. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick.
Tips from Jana:
- 20 Roma tomatoes is about 8 Cups Tomato Purée
- Adding celery is good
- Experiment to your own taste with levels of onion, garlic & sugar
- Romas make for a good sauce because they're not as runny as other tomatoes.