This is a favorite at our house. I'm going to tell you what Anne Byrn says about roasted potatoes and seasoning in her What Can I Bring Cookbook, then I'm going to tell you how Jonathan makes his roasted potatoes. Mmm-mmm good. (When I liked the cookbook, I saw they are online used on Amazon for $5.50 apiece. Mine's on loan from the library, but it would be a good book for a collection.)
1. Toss potatoes with just enough olive oil to coat them.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and bake the potatoes at 400* f0r 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp on the edges and soft in the center.
Seasoning Combo List
1. Seasoned Salt
2. Kosher salt, minced garlic & chopped fresh rosemary
3. Chili powder, ground cumin & salt
4. Shredded parmesan cheese & black pepper
5. Lemon juice & dried oregano
6. Jerk seasoning
7. Barbecue seasoning
8. Kosher salt & paprika
9. Asian curry powder & salt
10. Minced fresh or freeze-dried chives & a little onion salt
Now! The way Jonathan does it... Our favorite combination is:
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
Seasoned salt, sprinkled evenly, to taste
Dash of Hot sauce (more if just Jonathan's eating the potatoes)
1. Toss all of the ingredients.
2. Bake in a 400* oven for 20-25 minutes.
Soooooo good. We can easily make a meal out of potatoes and a salad. :)