Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spinach Quiche

Here's that quiche I teased you with on Friday. :) It takes about one good multitasking hour and a half if you get a premade pie crust.

Preheat: 450*, 325*
Category: Eggs

1 Deep pie crust
1/2 cups Onion, chopped & sautéed (1 med. onion)
6 slices Bacon, cooked
8 Eggs
1/2 cup Sour cream
1/2 cup Light cream
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
3 cups Spinach, lightly packed
2/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded

1. Prepare pie crust; poke holes all over and bake at 450* for 8 minutes. Cover baking crust with a double layer of foil. Bake crust an additional 4 minutes without foil.

2. Mix everything else together, in the above order.

3. Pour into cooled pastry shell.

4. Bake at 325* for 45 min. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. I experienced a longer bake time... Like 15 minutes extra Also, I like a lighter crust (my mom's pie crusts always turned black!), so I reuse that foil from step #1 to cover the edges. Then I covered the whole quiche when I realized I didn't want the top to brown any more and the insides to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment